Sunday, November 21, 2010

Monday November 15, 2010...An Early Birthday Celebration for Mommy





Dear Baby Bug-

I know that age doesn't matter much to you right now, but Mommy is about to turn 30 in one week from today. When you are 30, you'll probably be driving a hovercraft like Judy Jetson and have kids of your own...I can't even think about it because I know that it will go too fast! People keep asking me how I feel about turning 30, and I just keep saying that it doesn't bother me. I am at a wonderful place in my life; I'm married to your Daddy, we have two wonderful dogs, and we are expecting you...what could be better?

My "Griffith" friends offered to take me out to dinner tonight for an early birthday celebration because Rachel and James are home visiting from Ireland this week. James has a very big interview in Baltimore on Wednesday and so they flew in to spend the week and visit family. We were so lucky to be able to find a time when we could all get together, and tonight is when it all came together.

Beth, Betty, Becky, Rachel, and James met Mommy at TGI Friday around 6:00 and we had a great time talking, laughing, and catching up. It's amazing how far we have all come in the 6 years that we have known each other. We have all gone from being single and crazy (not too crazy, Bug. I'll tell you about all the crazy days some other time!) to meeting our significant others to getting married to moving away from each other (some of us across the ocean!) to now planning for and having babies. It's nuts to think about when I look back at this time in my life and the whole new chapter that Daddy and I are beginning by having you. I love my friends and they are very supportive of me and, like I keep saying, they can't wait to meet you!

Although it was a fun night, it was also a long night and Mommy has to go to bed. I hope you are doing well in there- I can feel you kicking every once in a while and can't wait for those kicks to get stronger and more frequent. Until then, I'll rest assured knowing that you must be pretty comfy in there. I love you, Bug!

1 comment:

  1. I may be across the ocean but I am never truly gone. Can't wait for the baby to come :)

    ReplyDelete