Sunday, November 28, 2010

Monday November 22, 2010...Birthdays and Basketball







Dear Baby Bug-

Today was a big day for many different reasons- it was Mommy's 30th birthday and Daddy's fist basketball game as a head varsity coach! Mommy's birthday was pretty much like any other day. I got up, got ready, and went to school. Becky was super nice and brought me a blueberry bagel and hot chocolate which was much appreciated. For some reason, hot chocolate ALWAYS sounds good these days but I very rarely drink it. Later on the in the day, Mommy's work friends shared cake and ice cream with me and gave me some pretty neat gifts. Daddy also had some beautiful flowers delivered to me at work- pink and purple, two of my favorite colors!



After school, I tried to take a nap so that I could get ready for Daddy's game. I have so many great friends and family members that it was hard to sleep because people kept calling to tell me "Happy Birthday!" I heard from your Grandpa Rand, Grandma Cindy, Aunt Molly, Great Grandma and Grandpa Walter, and Great Great Aunt Lou and Uncle Bernard. A very special person that called me was Carrie, and she let me know that she was going to drive all the way to Frankfort to sit with me during Daddy's game. She has no idea how happy that made me and she is such a good friend. Right after I got off the phone with Carrie, the doorbell rang and a man delivered some BEAUTIFUL flowers from Rob and Carrie which are pictured here in this blog. Mommy has some pretty special friends!

When it was time to go to Daddy's game, Grandma Carol came over so that we could drive together. We don't really get to see each other very often so it was nice to spend some time together in the car going to and from the game. Once we arrived at the game, we watched as Daddy's team fought a hard battle but ultimately lost. (Don't worry, Bug- there's good news! Daddy's team won two other games later in the week!) Carrie arrived right after the first half and she surprised me with some super yummy cupcakes that we enjoyed at dinner after the game.

The one thing I can say, Bug, is that I am happy today is over. You will really enjoy birthdays, but once you get older you will realize that they are days full of expectations (even if you don't think you have any) and pressure. I was very happy to crawl into bed and remember what is really important- you growing in my belly and getting ready to come out. You're the best gift that anyone could give me and I am so happy to have the chance to be your mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment