Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Break!

Dear Baby Bug-

This week has been awesome- I haven't had to go to school and Mommy has been able to get lots done around the house and for Christmas. Monday was spent cleaning and running errands with Becky. Later that night, we had dinner with Becky, Betty, and Beth to spend some time together and catch up. We decided not to get each other gifts this year, and it was so much better to spend time together than exchange items. We had a fun time but had to cut our dinner a bit short because it started snowing pretty hard and we had to get home. We made it home to Daddy safe and sound and it was a very productive day!

Tuesday was a day all to myself. I didn't leave the house all day and spent most of it cleaning and getting ready for Christmas. The first thing I did was tape off your room so that Daddy can paint it whenever he wants. After that, I went through all of the fun presents that people have given you and put them all in your new dresser so that when Daddy paints they won't get all messy. Later on, I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom and wrapped the rest of the Christmas gifts. The tree is now full with presents underneath and I can hardly wait to give everyone their gifts. You even have gifts under the tree, Bug- Daddy has some surprises for you and I am very curious to see what they are! Once Daddy came home, I was exhausted and went to bed early. Even though I'm on break I still have to go to sleep early because I am just too tired to stay up late!



Today was another fun day. I was finally able to sleep in a little and took my time having breakfast. The puppies and I snuggled for a while until I had to get ready to run more errands. Rudy had an appointment to get his hair cut, so I took him over to PetSmart for his appointment. After I dropped Rudy off, I went to Edwardo's to meet two of my former Pantherettes, Kathryn and Aimee, for lunch. It was so much fun seeing them and catching up on their lives. It's nice being able to talk to them like friends now instead of like students when I had them a few years ago. They are both doing great and I hope to see them more often! :) Once lunch was over, I had to have an eye doctor appointment and then went to pick up Rudy. He looked so tiny with his hair cut and he was really happy to see me! Once I had Rudy, I still had to run a few errands but I didn't want to leave Rudy in the car. So, I brought a big shoulder bag along and put Rudy inside to run into a few stores. I sure hope people didn't wonder why my purse was moving around! Rudy was such a good boy and I made sure to give him a couple of treats when we were back in the car. You will learn soon enough that Rudy will do whatever you say for a treat!



Daddy came home not long after we got home and we snuggled with Rudy and Zoey and watched TV for a while. It's funny to know that when we go to sleep at night there are 5 heartbeats in our bed. That's one crowded queen-size mattress! You won't be able to sleep in bed with us after you're born, but we sure enjoy everyone being in one place right now! Daddy is at Grandpa Jeff's right now, but when he comes home we are going to watch It's a Wonderful Life. I've never seen it before and Daddy says that I HAVE to watch it. I'll let you know what I think.

I probably won't be able to write again for a while, Bug. Tomorrow we have the day at home but then have a super fun Christmas party at Grandma Carol and Grandpa Jeff's tomorrow night. Friday we will try to get up early, load the car, and drive to Grandpa Rand and Grandma Cindy's for Christmas where we will be for a whole week! Daddy is going to meet us there after practice on Friday and we are going to have dinner at Grandma's and then go to church. Christmas morning will be spent at Grandma and Grandpa's and then we will get ready and go to Great Aunt Lou's for the rest of the day. Sunday is Uncle Brandon's birthday, so we will be going to Fort Wayne to meet Sharon, Glenn, Sarah, Aaron, Kelly, Chase, and Taden for a late lunch. It will be so much fun! Uncle Brandon flew into Detroit today and hopefully Grandma and Grandpa have picked him up by now. We can't wait to see him and spend all week with him while he is home. It's going to be a great vacation, Bug, and it's only just begun!

I can't wait until next Christmas when you are here with us. By this time next year you will be about 8 months old and it will be so much fun to dress you in Christmas dresses and buy you cute new things. I'm sure you will have no shortage of things to play with, but getting you stuff for Christmas will be fun nonetheless. For now, we are content with waiting for you to come and will enjoy the anticipation of spending next Christmas with our little ladybug!

No comments:

Post a Comment