Saturday, December 18, 2010

Friday December 17, 2010...Further Confirmation That You Are a Ladybug!

Dear Bug-

Today was a fantastic day- I was able to see you again! The day started early because I had to drink a bunch of water before going to the doctor's office for my ultrasound. Once I was able to drink all of it (and not use the restroom) I headed to the ultrasound so that we could get another peek at you. Daddy couldn't come because he had to work, so Mommy had you all to herself. During the ultrasound, the technician asked me if I knew what you are, and I said that we think you are a girl. Sure enough, a couple of minutes later, she turned the screen around to reveal the following picture:



The technician said that this picture confirms it- you are definitely a girl! After that good news, she continued to take pictures and measurements for a very long time. Once she was done, she showed me some fun pictures of you including your little feet, hands, and face. She really wanted to get a profile picture of you to keep, but you just wouldn't cooperate! You spent the whole time looking right at us. She even tried to poke my tummy to get you to move, but you just weren't having any of it. The technician showed me how we could see your eyes behind your eyelids and that they were moving back and forth- she said you must be in REM sleep and dreaming. I wonder what you could be dreaming about? Hopefully about how excited you are to meet your Mommy and Daddy!! The technician assured Mommy that you are measuring exactly where you are supposed to be and your official "age" should be 21 weeks 3 days. Wow! You're getting to be an old lady! :)

After the ultrasound, Mommy had some time before she had to go to work, so I took a gift and some hot chocolate to Kathy and the other counselors at Wilbur Wright Middle School. It was fun to spend some time over there. Since it was the last day before holiday break, everyone was in festive moods and we just talked and laughed together. I showed them all of your pictures and they all agree that you are perfect. I don't know who could argue with that!

Once I left WWMS, I went to Memo's to pick up lunch for the guidance department. We had a wonderful time eating, laughing, and exchanging gifts. Mommy got some really cute things and is so lucky to work with such wonderful people. Once lunch was over, our school principal took us on a tour of the newly constructed swimming pool. Bug, it is AMAZING. If we still live in Munster when you are old enough to go to high school, I hope you will at least have your PE class in that pool. It is bigger than any other pool facility in the state of Indiana except for the one in Indianapolis. It is absolutely beautiful and it was really neat to see it finished.

After school, I called Grandma Carol and Grandpa Jeff to tell them about your ultrasound. They are so excited to meet our little ladybug and were happy to hear that you are doing great. Grandma Carol and I agreed on a time to go to Daddy's game and she picked me up a little later to go. Daddy's team played hard, but they didn't win. :( After the game, Daddy and I went with Daddy's friends to eat and have fun. We were both very tired by about 10:30, so we finally came home and went to bed.

It was a very full day but an awesome one! Mommy is now officially on Christmas Break and has two whole weeks to relax, work around the house, get ready for Christmas, and spend time with Rudy, Zoey, and Daddy. I'm so thankful to have this time off and can't wait for all the fun Christmas activities coming up in the next week!

Here are some more pics from your photo shoot today! We love you Bug!





No comments:

Post a Comment