Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hello to Our Little SHE-Bug!!!






Dear Baby Bug-

Today was one of the best days of Mommy's life- we were able to see you through an ultrasound and you look like a REAL baby! We also found out that you are a GIRL! I know that you have probably known this all along, but it sure is nice for Mommy and Daddy to know. I am so proud of you because you listened to me- basically the first shot that the ultrasound technician took was of the parts that let us know your gender. Very good job, Bug.

Let me start from the beginning. Today is a very big day because not only did we get to see you, but we also have a lot of friends coming over tonight to celebrate my birthday. I will probably do a separate post about those festivities- this post is too special to crowd with other things! Since Dr. Hamburg won't do an ultrasound for another two weeks, I took it upon myself to schedule one for today at a place called The Belly Factory in Frankfort by where Daddy used to live. Grandma Carol asked if she could come along, and of course we said yes! Grandma Carol picked me up and we drove to Frankfort where we stopped off at Alsip to buy your first Christmas ornament before heading over to The Belly Factory to meet Daddy. Once we were there, a nice lady took us into a room where she immediately started looking for you. Grandma Carol taped the whole thing and we were able to see you on a great big TV screen in front of us. She showed us your girl parts, then your body, your heartbeat (152 today!) your tiny hands, and finally your little face. It is amazing how much you have developed in just 20 weeks- now all you have to do is spend the next 20 weeks putting on weight. The technician did some 3-D pictures and my favorite one is with your little fist up by your face. There is also a 3-D one where you look a little like Lord Volemort...you may not know who that is now but I am sure that we will get your caught up on the world of Harry Potter at some point in your youth! I was so excited to see you that I kept laughing and shaking the picture. It was truly one of the most special moments of my entire life, Bug, and I am so happy that you are doing OK in there!

After the ultrasound, Grandma Carol bought me a pretty black dress for my birthday so that I have something to wear to my Christmas parties. We also went to another baby store and she bought you a pink onesie that says Basketball on it- Daddy liked it a lot! Daddy is already excited to point out girly little outfits and hats for you to wear- you are going to be one stylish little baby. I don't know how we are possibly going to wait 20 more weeks for you to be fully baked, but I know all the waiting will be worth it. We still need to get further confirmation that you are a girl, so we will have an ultrasound with Dr. Hamburg on December 17th. If you decide to grow an extra part to your anatomy between now and then, we will be just as happy. But for now, we are excited to meet out little girl and love you very much. Thank you for cooperating today- it is just one of the many times you have already made Mommy happy and this is just the beginning!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations!! She will be beautiful and we can't wait to meet her!!! Can't wait to meet you Princess Bug!!

    - Adam & Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys :) I can't wait to meet your little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've already told you but I am SO excited for your baby daughter to arrive! I already love her.

    ReplyDelete