Sunday, April 3, 2011

37 Weeks and Counting...

Dear Baby Bug-

Hello there sweetheart! I hope you are doing well in there- it feels like you are a world-class gymnast with the way you've been moving around lately. We have had a fairly busy week and I haven't had a chance to write because of it. Tuesday we had another appointment with Dr. Hamburg and he gave me a hi-five for keeping you in there past 36 weeks. He says that he is very happy with you and that the days between now and when you arrive are "gravy" and he "likes gravy"...Dr. Hamburg is pretty funny. He checked me and says that you are still at +2 station, I am 90% effaced, and now 1 cm dilated. This is all good news, Bug, but it would probably be in your best interest if you hung in there for a little longer. He told me that he will see me at my next appointment and I should go to the hospital if my water breaks or if my contractions are 5 minutes apart and it is hard to breathe through them...that doesn't sound like a lot of fun, Bug, but it is what is necessary to get you out here! He also told me that my activities don't have to be so restricted, so I should try to get out of the house to run errands or get my nails done- I think I will take him up on those suggestions!

Thursday we had a big surprise- Grandpa Rand stopped by for a visit! He was on his way home from seeing his dealers in Illinois and decided to come and see us. He really likes your room, Bug, and says that he will see us again once you arrive. After Grandpa left, we went to visit Becky and Finn for the afternoon. Boy is he cute, Bug- I can't wait until you go to prom together! :) It was nice to spend the afternoon chatting with Becky and we left once she had to go to school. Later that evening, Jenny text messaged me and said that some friends from work were getting together for dinner and wanted to know if I wanted to come. We had a great time talking and laughing- Mommy forgets how much she misses socializing with people, especially after being cooped up in the house for four weeks!

Friday was an extremely busy day- we started out by accompanying Becky and Finn to Finn's 8 weeks doctor's appointment so that I could meet your pediatrician. Dr. Stroman is wonderful and I am so happy that he is going to be taking care of you once you arrive. He is extremely friendly and was so good with Finn. Poor Finn had to get his vaccinations but he took it like a champ and was such a good little guy. :) Once the trauma of the vaccinating was over, we grabbed some Wendy's for lunch and then Mommy went to meet Beth for a pedicure. Dr. Hamburg said that he wanted to see my new nails when I come to my next appointment, so at least I will have pretty toes when I see him again. It was fun to see Beth and when I asked her what she was doing after the nail salon, she said she was going to register for her baby shower at Babies R Us. I decided to go with her and we had so much fun picking out all kinds of fun things for baby Reagan. I can't wait for Beth's shower and for you and Reagan to play together. :) Once we arrived home, Daddy took me out for pizza and then we went BACK to Babies R Us to pick up the rest of the things we need for you. We got some really fun stuff including a "manly" diaper bag for Daddy. He didn't see the point in it at first, but now he's all excited about the bells and whistles that go along with it. Hopefully he doesn't lose it.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty laid-back. Yesterday I spent some time preparing for you to come by hanging your closet organizer and doing some of your laundry. I know you already saw the pictures, but you have some pretty adorable stuff to wear once you arrive. I hope you don't enjoy being naked in there, because you are going to be dressed to the nines once you come out! Last night we went out to Jim and Carrie Martin's house to watch the final four tournament and we had a lot of fun with our friends. Josh and Trisha Holder were there and Trisha gave Mommy some magazines and a book to keep her busy plus some really cute onesies for you- she is so thoughtful! Daddy made plans to go with Josh to the Cubs game today but when he woke up this morning, they decided not to go. We have spent the day relaxing while Daddy works in the yard. He is getting the garden ready so that you have a great view from your bedroom window. Today has been a nice down day compared to the busyness of this past week and I am happy to be relaxing.

Here are some pictures from the past week including some more fun gifts from people who love you! I will talk to you as soon as I can, Bug, and we are getting VERY excited to meet you! Your Daddy asks me every day if "today could be the day" and one day soon, it will be! I know that you are going to come when you are ready, but we can't wait- the anticipation is killing us! We love you!!


Look how big Mommy is! I don't know if it's the shirt or you, but HOLY COW!!


37 Weeks, Bug- I can't believe you could be here in just 3 weeks (or less)!


Aaron, Kelly, Chase, and Taden sent you this little ladybug tummy time mat and you can use it pretty much as soon as you get here. I can't wait!


This ADORABLE gift is from Mommy's friend and sorority sister, Sarah Clayton. She lives in Louisville and said she picked these cute gifts up at one of her favorite baby boutiques there. She is so thoughtful and I really hope that you can meet her soon!


Someone knows we love the Cubs! Our cousins Michael, Amanda, and their boys sent you this cute little outfit and we can't wait to take you to your first Cubs game in style. It will be perfect for a late summer game!


This beautiful ladybug necklace was a surprise gift from Daddy to Mommy. He gave it to me last night and said it is a "Congratulations-for-making-it-full-term" gift....isn't he so thoughtful! I LOVE this necklace and it will always remind me of how our little family started. I love your Daddy very much and we already love you more than you know...our little ladybug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment