Sunday, April 10, 2011

When Are You Coming Out??

Dear Baby Bug-

Mommy is very proud of you, Bug, because you have been an extremely good listener and have stayed put for the entire time that we have requested. But now I am feeling very uncomfortable and, on days like today, I can barely walk without crying because of the way you are sitting in there. Not to make you feel guilty, but Mommy is ready for you to come out!! I know you are going to come when you are good and ready, but just know that you have my permission to start making your way to greet us any time you want.

This week has been a mix of good and bad. I didn't feel very well on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday but Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday were pretty good. Tuesday we went to see Dr. Hamburg and he had no new information for us. He listened to your heartbeat and said that you sound good, so with that he said that he will see us in another week. I have a feeling that our next two doctor appointments will be similar to that, so besides hearing that nice strong heartbeat, I don't even want to go anymore. He just keeps telling me to go to the hospital if anything changes.

Thursday was the best part of my week- I got to go to Michigan City to meet your Grandma Cindy and great aunts Sharon, LaVera, Wilma, Katie, Alta, Irma, and Mary at the outlet mall for some shopping. Actually, I didn't do much shopping but was so happy to be with all of them while they shopped. It was so nice to get out of the house and be in the fresh air all day. We ended the day with dinner at Chili's and then went home. Next time we see Grandma Cindy, it will be because you are arriving!

Saturday was a bittersweet day. Daddy and I went to the funeral of Great Uncle Mike's mom, Alice, and it was a beautiful service. We were able to spend lots of time with family during the services and the luncheon afterwards. Everyone is still super excited for you to come and it was so nice to spend time with everyone even though the occasion was sad.

Another extremely exciting thing happened yesterday, Bug- you are going to have a new aunt next summer! Uncle Brandon proposed to Sarah and Mommy was so excited when she got the phone call from him saying he is engaged. Hopefully we will be making a trip to Charleston at some point next summer for the wedding and it will be so much fun! We like Sarah very much and are excited to have her as part of the family. Hooray for new additions!! :)

This coming week is going to be a hard one to get through. I am trying to line up some things to do to keep my mind off the fact that you are not here yet. We don't have anything going on tomorrow, but Tuesday is another Dr. Hamburg appointment, Wednesday we will hopefully hang out with Becky and Finn, and I am going to see if I can go visit my friends at Munster on Friday. Saturday is Casey's confirmation celebration, so that is definitely something to look forward to.

Aside from the Uncle Brandon and Sarah news, I'm sorry this post isn't very exciting. It's the best you are going to get since Mommy doesn't feel very well. Here are some pictures of us at 38 weeks...will this be the last belly picture we see? Only time will tell!



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet you little one! Listen to your mommy and come out now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet you Miss Bug!!! Life lesson 1: you mother is always right, you need to listen to her at all times!! :)

    Love, Adam & Lindsay

    ReplyDelete