Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Last Night Without You

Dear Baby Bug-

It is a very exciting night, Bug- it is our last night before we go to the hospital to welcome you into the world! We went for our weekly appointment with Dr. Hamburg and after he examined me he said, "It looks like it's time that we get this baby out of there!" and called the hospital to schedule an induction for tomorrow morning at 11:00. This was all a little overwhelming for Mommy, but I was more excited than anything when he made the call. He even asked me if I wanted to be induced tonight, but since Dr. Hamburg had just come home from Florida and seemed a little tired, I thought it might be better for him to get his beauty rest before you decide to come out. Now that we have an end in sight, it is really starting to sink in...the next time I write a post it may very well be with you sitting BESIDE me and not INSIDE of me!

Daddy is super excited for you to come. He has been in a great mood all night, singing and doing chores around the house. I am so happy that I cleaned the house from top to bottom in the past two days, because I know we are going to have plenty of company in the coming days including Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Rand. They are planning to be here first thing tomorrow morning so that they are here for the whole procedure. I will feel a lot better once they are here, just to know that we have their support. I think I have been a little more subdued tonight compared to your father...although I am excited beyond belief to meet you, I am a little nervous about what is to come between now and the time we get to first see you. I have not been afraid of the birthing process so far, but knowing that it is just a few hours away makes it a little more real. No matter what, I will do ANYTHING to make sure that you are safe and if this is what Dr. Hamburg is recommending then I am all for it.

In a few short (or, on the other hand, probably loooong) hours, we will get to see your beautiful face and will officially become Mommy and Daddy to our little Bug. It is surreal to think that after you have been floating around in there for the past 10 months, you are actually going to come out as a little human being who will be all ours. We are going to get to hug you, kiss you, dress you up, and hold you as much as we want because WE will be your parents...no one else. I can't imagine a better feeling in the world and we are finally going to be able to experience it after so much anticipation. Just do your best to cooperate with Mommy and Dr. Hamburg...we don't need any further complications from you, young lady.

As I sign off for the last time before you are born, please know that it is hard to imagine loving you more than I already do. You have been a part of me for 39 weeks and 4 days and there has barely been a second that has passed that I haven't thought of you. That being said, I know that nothing will compare to the love I will feel when I first see you and that is a moment that I never want to forget. I only hope that tomorrow is a day that is so full of joy that the worry that I am feeling now will be nothing but a distant memory. So, until tomorrow, you get some rest and I will try to do the same. We will be meeting soon and Mommy can't wait! I love you Bug...SEE YOU TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment