Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Could Today be THE DAY??

Dear Baby Bug-

This is just going to be a quick note but I wanted to update you on your progress towards being introduced to the world. Yesterday we had an appointment with Dr. Hamburg and Mommy was NOT looking forward to it because she was not expecting to be told anything different then "go to the hospital if your water breaks or if your contractions are five minutes apart" but boy was I in for a surprise! When I got to the office, the nurse asked me how I was feeling. I told her that I was having a lot of pain in my pelvis and that it is almost excruciating to walk at times. Because of this, she told me that Dr. Hamburg would examine me. When he came in, he told me that the amount of pain I seem to be in is "not uncommon, but not necessarily normal" so when we examined me, he found out that I am still 90% effaced but am now almost 4 centimeters dilated!! Hooray! When I left the office, he told me that he wouldn't be surprised if I had a baby by tomorrow. Well, it's tomorrow, Bug...what the heck are you doing in there? Dr. Hamburg even said that if I am in too much pain, he could induce me. He says that you are in prime position to be induced because of the effacement, dilation, and the position of your head. I told him that unless there is a medical reason to be induced, then I don't want that to happen. You're supposed to come when you're good and ready and I'm just hoping that you are good and ready SOON!!

Carrying you for the past 10 months has been such a blessing. To feel you move around in my tummy is a miracle, and I have not been annoyed or upset by one kick, roll, or squirm from you. Aside from the pain right now (and the pain that is sure to come when you are on your way out) you have given me a blissful pregnancy with barely any sickness or pain. If you are half as good on the outside as you have been on the inside, then your Daddy and I are going to be very happy with you. Regardless, we know that you are the most precious thing in the world to us and we are eager to meet our little girl. We love you very much and we haven't even seen you yet!

Yesterday you received another fun package in the mail and it is just adorable. Mommy's friend Kim Goss from high school saw that you are our "little ladybug" and picked up this outfit especially for you. Kim has a 2 1/2 year old daughter, so she knows how much fun it is to be a Mommy to a little girl. I can't wait to experience it and hopefully one day you will be able to meet Kim and her little girl too! Here is a picture of your new little ladybug pajamas, complete with a little tutu- thanks to Kim for thinking of us!

5 comments:

  1. Chrisanne...just so you know, I cried my face off (because I'm a freak...and I'm just so happy for you that the little one is almost here, and I think you're already such a great mommy!) when I read this post. :) Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Maybe she will come so we can meet her at Easter!! Best of luck Chrisanne and you will be a great mommy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since John just posted pictures of you relaxing in the backyard, I'm assuming that means the little lady is still snug as a bug. It's been so fun to watch you be pregnant; you've definitely been glowing every second of the past 9+ months, but we're pretty excited to meet the next beautiful Terry lady! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello out there....I'm not around these parts much but I happened to see this. Good luck and I hope you are a Mommy by this weekend!! (I know you're a Mommy now, but I mean an Unpregnant Mommy :) How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting news! How awesome to have some progress being made without feeling like you are in all out labor! Hopefully that means things will go really quickly for you once they really get going! Blessings to you guys!

    ReplyDelete