Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bug's First Shower With LOTS of Surprises!

Dear Baby Bug-

You would not believe the party we were given this weekend!! It was your first baby shower and it was so much fun!! I left for Carrie's house around 11:30 on Saturday morning and was looking forward to a sleepover with part of our 342 Crew, Jess and Carrie. Little did I know that they had lots of surprises in store for us! When we got to Carrie's, her house was all decorated with baby girl things and ladybugs. Her tables had pink tablecloths on them with big black dots so that they looked like ladybugs and there were bibs, clothes, and baby items hanging from every nook and cranny of the house. I thought it was an awful lot for just the three of us, and that is when Carrie and Jess told me that there would be some surprise guests arriving in a short time. I had no idea who to expect, and it was so much fun to watch people arrive!

First to arrive were Kelly and Charlie. I was SO EXCITED to meet Charlie- he could be another potential suitor for you, Bug. He is going to be a whole year older than you once you arrive but he is a real cutie pie and it was so fun to see both him and Kelly. Next to arrive were Betty and Beth. They came all the way from home to help celebrate you! I couldn't believe it- they are such great friends! Next came Sherri and she brought baby Sammi whom I haven't seen since she was just itty-bitty. I appreciated them making such a long trip to come to the party and was so happy to see them! After awhile, the doorbell rang again and there was my Alpha Phi baby Katy standing in the doorway! I haven't seen her for YEARS and I was so, so excited that she was there. She is having a baby boy of her own just a couple months after you are due and it was so much fun to catch up with her and spend the evening. Finally, a little bit later, Mommy's friend and sorority sister Fathima came to the party. Fathima is so sweet and I haven't seen her since Mommy and Daddy's wedding. I couldn't believe that Katy and Fathima were there and I am just touched beyond words that they came. Your Mommy is one lucky lady!

Once everyone arrived, we had a delicious dinner of bread, baked chicken/grape/walnut casserole (for lack of a better label- it was amazing!) salad, with cookies and ladybug cupcakes for dessert. Jess made Mommy a yummy strawberry smoothie to drink and it was delicious! After dinner, it was time for gifts and you really made out like a bandit! I'm going to show the rest of the evening in pictures, but just know that I had an amazing time and have you to thank for allowing it to happen. Also, Mommy has the best friends but especially Carrie and Jess for putting all of this together. I only hope that you can find friends that are as near and dear to your heart as these girls are. We really missed Annie and Sara (the rest of the 342 Crew) but weather and the impending arrival of Baby Boy Wilking kept them in Indy for the weekend. Mommy loves ALL of her friends so much and is blessed that each and every one of them has a place in our lives.



Here is Mommy with her Alpha Phi sisters Katy, Carrie, and Fathima. A couple of the other A-Phis couldn't make it but hopefully we will get a chance to see Mia, Brett, Gina, and Lindsey soon!



Mommy loves her Northwest Indiana friends! Here is Betty, Mommy, and Beth. I am so sad that I didn't get a picture with Sherri and Sammi before they had to leave. :( It was so nice of all of them to travel all this way to celebrate our little ladybug!



3/5's of the 342 Crew! Jess and Carrie organized this whole shindig and made everything so very special. I don't know what I would do without these girls and without the missing links, Sara and Annie. I can't wait for you to meet all of these wonderful people, Bug!



Ladybug cupcakes! Carrie is so creative and these little creations were part of the yummy dessert we had at the party.



Look at all of these great gifts! Sue, Kelly, and Charlie gave you all of this cute stuff including onesies, "ruffle butt" pants, the most adorable ladybug outfit EVER, and a stuffed ladybug for your room. Charlie gave you the growth chart so that we can see how much you grow. He is such a great gift giver! :)



Sherri and Sammi gave you a Bumbo seat, Bumbo play tray, and a book called Mama, Will You Hold My Hand? This will come in so handy when you start eating and sitting up- I can't wait to put you in it and read you this very special story about always being together.



All of these great gifts are from Carrie, Jess, Sara, and Annie, AKA, the 342 Crew. They got you a Jumperoo, a second carseat base for Daddy's car, a Dr. Seuss book, LOTS of cute bibs, hangers, the ladybug lamp for your room, and a pacifier clip. Jess and Ethan also gave you a book called Someday and little stickers to put on your onesies that show how old you are for monthly pictures once you are born. Such great gifts for you, Bug!



Fathima gave us our Boppy pillow and lots of cute bows for your hair. My favorite part about opening this gift was that Fathima told me that her mom helped her shop for the gift and insisted that she buy something functional. Fathima agreed but wanted to throw the bows in to make it super cute! I hope she knows that both the Boppy AND the bows will get PLENTY of use!!



Look at all of this cute ladybug stuff! This gift is from Betty, Beth, Becky, and Baby Finn and included your ladybug crib mobile, ladybug nightlight, the cutest ladybug swimsuit in the world, and a hooded towel to keep you warm. Becky and Baby Finn also gave you a Dr. Seuss book which somehow didn't make it into the picture. These new nursery accessories really help to pull your bedroom together and the clothes are hanging in the closet, ready for you and the sunshine!



These books are from Jenny who decided to help you start your Disney book collection. These two books, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland, are two of her favorites...maybe if you're lucky, she'll read them to you some day!




This beautiful blanket was made for you by Betty. Mommy never ceases to be amazed at how talented and crafty Betty is and this blanket proves my point. It was made for you with love, Bug, and she even included a classic book Peter Rabbit! Beth and Betty came together and Beth gave you a copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas to add to your rapidly growing book collection!



Katy and Baby Lesht have made sure that you are all ready for bath time! Katy gave you the whale spout cover so that you don't bump your little head on the bathtub spout and a fun ladybug bath toy scooper to hold all of the toys that will one day be floating around the bathtub with you. I hope you love baths, Bug...you won't want to get out until your fingers get wrinkly! I hope you are not jealous, but Katy was Mommy's first baby. Katy is Mommy's sorority baby and we have known each other for going on ten years now! It is so fun to know that I am having a baby and my baby is having a baby- what a great time in our lives!



You got another Bumbo seat from Mommy's friends Mia and her fiance Greg. Mia is one of Mommy's sorority sisters and she misses her very much. We aren't able to see her very much but are extremely excited for her and Greg who just got engaged over the holidays. They are very special to Mommy and I am hoping that we will get to see them before too long. It is awesome that we have two of these seats- I think that one will be great for home and the other will be just what Grandma needs to keep you where you need to be when you go to her house.



You know how I told you that I already have a baby? Well I also have an Alpha Phi grand baby and her name is Lindsey...she is the one who got you this awesome IU mobile (that plays the IU fight song!) and this "Future Alpha Phi" onesie. You are going to be prepared early on to become an Alpha Phi Hoosier (no pressure) and I have no doubts that if those two things are in your future, you will have just as much fun as Mommy did during college. Lindsey is such a special part of my Alpha Phi family and I am truly touched that she sent you these wonderful gifts. I never get to see her, but I hope she knows how much I appreciate it!



Here is a new picture of your crib with the ladybug mobile attached and your new ladybug friend waiting to play with you. I can't believe that you have all of this fun stuff waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment