Sunday, March 20, 2011

35 Weeks and Still (Kind of) Taking it Easy

Dear Baby Bug-

Congratulations, Bug- you've made it one more week! We are so happy with your progress and if you can give us at least one more, it will get you to a very critical point in your development AND we will be able to have your last baby shower before you arrive. Hopefully you will continue to listen and stay put for one more week...and hopefully a few more than that!

I'm sorry that I haven't written more frequently, but there's not a lot to tell you when I'm confined to the house to rest. This week actually went pretty fast and Mommy had a lot of tasks to accomplish that were not too strenuous to do. Grandma Carol gave me some things to do for our baby shower, Daddy had me folding letters and stuffing envelopes for his basketball program, and I spent a lot of time figuring out insurance things. All of these things helped to pass the time and kept me relatively stationary so that you could stay put.

We had a surprise visit from Jess, Tom, Ethan, and Vince last Sunday and boy did that make me happy!! I love those guys and it was so nice of them to take time out of their weekend to stop by and see us. You are going to love Ethan, Bug- he is very handsome and you guys will be hanging out a few times this summer. I can't wait for you to meet the Dozois family along with the rest of my extra special friends. They have all been so concerned about you!

We went to see Dr. Hamburg on Tuesday and he is very pleased with you, Bug. He is happy that you have made it another week and told me that if we can make it one more week, then Mommy doesn't have to be so restricted in her activities. Your heartbeat was in the 160s and you were moving around like crazy, so that made Dr. very pleased. There is a chance he may order another ultrasound when we see him this coming Tuesday, but we will see how it goes. Sometimes he forgets about the things we talked about the week before...he's a very busy guy!

Aside from the good report from the doctor and seeing the Doizois', another bright spot to my week was going out to dinner with my co-workers on Wednesday. I met Sharon, Jenny, and Carol for dinner at El Salto and it was so nice to catch up on what is going on with them and what is happening at work. I will get to see Jenny again this week at some point because she is on Spring Break and will see the rest of my guidance friends at the shower next Sunday. I love my co-workers and although I am no longer sad about being home from work, I am sad because I miss them!

Friday brought another surprise- Carrie sent me a fantastic care package that had all kinds of fun stuff to do and some yummy snacks included. She is so thoughtful and thought that a fun surprise would lift my spirits- she was right! Mommy had lots of fun going through the box of goodies and will be doing some coloring and crosswords this week to help pass the time.

Saturday was a very busy day for Mommy and Daddy. We spent most of the day doing things for your room and running errands. It was very tiring for Mommy, so it was a good thing that Daddy was there too. When Daddy woke up Saturday morning, he installed your carseat in Mommy's car and called the police department to get a time to have it inspected. After that, he hung the shelves that I had bought for your walls so that if Aunt Lou is able to paint before you arrive, the room is all set for her to do so. Once that was done, we headed out to Babies R Us to buy the wooden letters of your name to go above your bed. We're not going to share your name here just yet, because we are just starting to tell family and friends. After Babies R Us, we went to Costco, Lowes, and got groceries. Once we got home, we ordered a pizza and rested for awhile before continuing to work on your room. Below are some pictures of the new shelves- now we just need to figure out what to put on them! We will post a new picture of your crib with your cute name hanging above it a little bit later. :)




This coming week is pretty full and it will probably go fairly fast. We are still taking it easy like we are supposed to, but there are just more exciting things going on. Rachel and James are visiting from Ireland, so we are having them plus Betty, Mike, Beth, Becky and (hopefully) Finn over on Tuesday night. We also have another doctor's appointment on Tuesday where the doctor will hopefully give us some more information on how you are progressing. Wednesday I am hoping to see Jenny for awhile, and Thursday night we may hang out with Sherri and her family for a new Grey's Anatomy. Next weekend is our big exciting baby shower and I CAN'T WAIT for it! We spent all day today with Grandma Carol, Aunt Katie, Aunt Julie, Uncle Jeff, Laney, Casey, and Clara making the favors for the shower. We are so lucky to have such an awesome family, Bug, and they are going all out to make sure that you enter the world in style. It was such a fun day and we sure did get a lot done! Since the shower is next weekend, Grandma Cindy, Great Grandma Bonnie, and Great Aunt Lou will be coming into town. We're not sure when they are coming yet, but hopefully we will get to see them for more than one day. Whatever happens, it is going to be a good week and you can do us a big favor by staying in my tummy so that all of this fun stuff that people have planned for us can happen.

Since you are one week older, we just had to take another picture of my growing belly! Here you are at 35 weeks- we are so close to meeting you and we are so excited that we can hardly stand it! We love you, Bug, and will see you in just a few short weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment