Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another Small Victory...34 Weeks!

Dear Baby Bug-

I am very impressed with you baby girl- you have listened to your parents and have stayed put for another week! We are now officially at 34 weeks and you still seem to be happy as a clam in there, rolling around and kicking my ribs like you don't have a care in the world. We are so happy that you are still hanging in there and hope that you choose to do so for at least two more weeks...although 6 would be perfect!

This weekend has been busy- at least my new form of busy since I'm supposed to be taking it easy. Friday night Daddy came home from school and picked me up so that we could go to a wake in Crown Point. Our good friend Jim's (he was with Daddy the night that Daddy and I met!) mother passed away and we wanted to make sure that we went out to visit him and his family. Afterwards, one of Daddy's basketball players was still alive in the Illinois Sectional Basketball 3 point shootout and Daddy didn't have time to take me home before he had to go watch him compete. So, Mommy waddled her way into Thornwood High School, up the bleachers, and watched the contest. Daddy wanted to stay for the rest of the game, but I was way too tired and uncomfortable to stay. We came home and watched some movies before going to bed.

Yesterday we took it easy all day while Daddy worked on the things he needs for his awards night on Tuesday. Daddy thinks I need to get out of the house more, so he took me to Kohl's to pick up some things that we will need in the hospital the next time we go (hopefully to meet you!) and then we went to dinner at TGI Friday's. It was a nice evening out but leaving the house sure does take a lot out of me! I am amazed at what little energy I have...I think the doctor knew what he was talking about when he told me I could do "limited activity."

Today looks like another lazy day. We forgot to set our clocks ahead for Daylight Savings Time, so we missed church. :( Daddy is still busy working on his awards night stuff and the dogs and I are just hanging out and taking it easy. Daddy was playing with Zoey today and he told her, "I hope our baby is just like you- well-behaved and beautiful." I think you will probably be just that, Bug!

Here are some new pictures of Mommy's belly. You are supposed to be measuring about 18 inches and 5 pounds although I think that you weigh a little more than that. The longer you cook in there, the healthier you will be when you come out! We love you Bug and although we are SUPER excited to meet you, we need to hold off for a few more weeks. Be a sweetheart and listen to your parents- we know what's best for you!



34 weeks down...



...hopefully 6 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment