Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Good Visits with Great Friends Help to Pass the Time

Dear Baby Bug-

Oh, Bug, we are getting closer and closer to your arrival and I can't believe how fast the time seems to be passing. It is already almost Thursday and we have a great weekend ahead of us including your last baby shower and reaching the ever-important 36 week mark. The key ingredient to all of this happening is you staying put!

We had an appointment with Dr. Hamburg yesterday and, once again, he is concerned. He examined me and says that you are back at +2 station and I am 90% effaced. This is not good, Bug, because this means that you could come out at any time and we are not quite ready for you to be here yet. He said that if your head was any lower, I would be able to see it which may be too much information but really puts things into perspective. He says that if we can keep you in there for at least another half of a week, we should be in good shape. When I left his office, he just shook his head at me and said, "I don't even know how you are able to walk with how low that baby's head is." I admitted that it isn't all that comfortable, but whatever I am doing to keep you inside is worth it!

After that semi-scary doctor's appointment, the night got a lot better because some great friends came over for the evening. Rachel and James are visiting from Ireland, so they along with Betty, Mike, Beth, Becky, and Finn came over to our house so we could all hang out. It was so nice to spend time with everyone and it is very rare that we all get to be together in one room. We talked, laughed, and ordered Jimmy Johns for dinner. Everyone left around 7:30 and it was a fantastic night. Everyone loves your nursery, Bug, and we just can't wait until you can be here in it, safe and sound.

Today was another great day. Betty came over to hang out with me and to hem the curtains in your room. We had a wonderful day catching up and she even brought Mommy lunch! We don't get to spend much time together anymore because of our busy lives, but today was perfect because we were able to spend the whole day talking and hanging out. Betty did a great job on your curtains and Daddy dubbed them "perfect." Later in the afternoon, Jenny came to visit us and she brought you some cute ladybug bowls to go in your room. Betty and Jenny have no idea how much their visit helped to lift my spirits and take my mind off of my worries about you. Their visit also helped take my mind off of how uncomfortable I am!

Tonight Daddy and I had dinner and then he went and found some ribbon to help secure your crib bumpers. He doesn't think he did a good job on it but the ribbon he picked out is perfect and I think he did a fantastic job. To make him feel better, I told him I would try to make the bows "prettier" but I don't really think I need to do much. He is so excited for you to come but understands that it is a good idea for you to cook a little longer.

This week has been a little rough because Grandma Cindy has been in the hospital with Bronchitis. She is constantly on my mind and I want to be with her so much. Under normal circumstances, I would be on Spring Break and would be able to spend every minute with her while she is in the hospital. But, Dr. Hamburg won't let me travel, so I am stuck here wishing I was there. So, in order to make things OK, you have to promise to stay in my tummy until she feels better and can be here for your arrival. We want to make sure she is here to welcome you into the world! Hopefully she will be out of the hospital tomorrow, but only if she is well enough to stay well on her own!

Well Bug, Daddy wants to watch a movie so I am going to end this entry for tonight. We love you so much and are ALMOST ready for you to come, but not quite yet. Keep on cookin' and I will write you after your fantastic baby shower this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I had the best time ever with you yesterday. I wish I didn't have to work because then we could just hang out, eat awesome food, talk & watch "quality" TV. :) I love you girls and can't WAIT to meet this awesome baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you guys are still doing well! Keep that baby cooking, it'll be great if you make it to 36 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete