Sunday, March 6, 2011

Home From the Hospital and Hanging in There

Dear Baby Bug-

I was going to update you sooner on the end of our hospital journey but haven't really been feeling up to writing much until now. I know I left you hanging a little bit, but the good news is that it is Sunday and you are still where you are supposed to be. Once we saw the doctor on Thursday, he said that he had done everything he could to stop you from coming and that he wanted to leave Mommy on the magnesium drip for a little longer to make sure everything was OK. Thursday was a quick day because I was on the phone a lot with work trying to figure out what to do if I can't come back. According to the doctor, I have to be done working from now until I deliver which kind of bums me out but is what is best for you. Once the doctor left, Betty came to visit along with Aunt Julie and Grandma Carol which helped to take my mind off of things. At the end of Thursday night, I was sure that I would be home safe and sound by Friday morning.

We had another rough night on Thursday which resulted in little to no sleep again. The bad news is that I started having contractions again on Friday, so they wouldn't take me off of the magnesium like I wanted and we had to wait all day for the doctor to come and tell us what to do. Mommy's back hurt so bad that the nurses ordered an ultrasound of my kidneys to make sure that everything was OK. Before the ultrasound, Grandpa Rand came to visit and it was so good to see him! After he was there for a bit, the nurse came to take me away for my ultrasound which ended up showing that everything was OK. Once we were back from the ultrasound, we visited with Grandpa Rand and Grandma Cindy until Grandpa Rand had to leave.

Friday ended up being a long day and the contractions didn't seem to slow. The nurse finally came in during the early afternoon and had me take another pill as a last-ditch effort to make the contractions stop coming so close together. It must have done the trick because I didn't have too many more before Dr. Hamburg came to visit in the mid-afternoon. Once he got there, Dr. Hamburg told us once again that he had done everything possible to keep you in place and that I could go home to see how I do. He is hoping to get you to 36 week so that you have some more time to develop. I sure hope you listen to him, Bug!

Since we've been home from the hospital, you're Daddy has been wonderful. He has cleaned the whole house and does not want Mommy doing anything that will make you come sooner. Grandma Cindy stayed until yesterday evening and spent the whole morning cooking yummy food for us to freeze and eat in the next couple of weeks. Casey, Laney, and Clara baked us some super yummy cupcakes and Casey even came over today to help Daddy install a new garage door opener. Becky came to visit us yesterday and it was nice to have a friendly face to talk to for awhile- especially someone who had been through this labor and delivery stuff so recently! Mommy and Daddy are so fortunate to have such a wonderful support system with great friends and family to help take care of us.

Now all we have to do is take it easy and wait, Bug. The doctor wants to see Mommy this week some time and that is the game plan for right now. Mommy's main goals for the week are to square things away with work, find you a pediatrician, and go to the doctor to make sure that you are still OK. I can still feel you rolling around in there, so I can only imagine that you are still happy as a clam. As long as you are OK, Bug, that's all I care about. If possible, could you just shift a little bit so my back stops hurting? I think things would be a little more bearable if I could sleep without back pain. I love you Bug and hang in there....for your sake and ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment