Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Taking It Easy

Dear Baby Bug-

Hey there little girl! Mommy is a little on the bored side, so I thought I would update you on what is going on in our lives while I am resting. It is Wednesday afternoon and Mommy has officially been on "limited activity" for 5 days. It is very strange because I feel like I should be getting all of this important stuff done but can't because I'm not allowed to. I went to work on Monday for a little bit to talk to my friends there and they are all so supportive- I feel a lot better about being done with work now that I had the chance to go in there one more time. Mommy needed to go in to prove to myself that I shouldn't be there anymore and it did just that; by the time I left the building I was exhausted and not feeling well. At least I still have access to my school email and can answer questions from home!

We went to see Dr. Hamburg yesterday and he is very pleased that you have stayed put. He says that every extra day you have in there to develop is a success. We listened to your heartbeat and it is still going strong in the 150's, so he is very pleased with that as well. That is where the good news ended- he told me that he can't do anything for my awful back pain and that I just have to tough it out until you decide to arrive. I know that I can manage because it just means a healthier you and I want nothing more than for you to be a happy, healthy baby!

I can't wait for you to meet your Daddy, Bug. He has been so wonderful and supportive through this whole ordeal and I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have him as my husband and as your dad. I miss him now that he has to go back to work and I am home by myself, but he will be home in a few hours so we can hang out. He is very worried about you and I know that we will both feel better once you are safe and sound.

For now, Mommy is going to try to finish getting herself showered to feel a little bit better. I am going to try to find some little projects around here to keep me occupied until you decide that you need to get here. Until then, just keep on kicking the crap out of Mommy because it makes me feel better to know that you are moving around in there. We love you very much and just want you to keep on cooking!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Chrisanne!!! We are thinking of you and sending happy thoughts and prayers that Little Miss Bug stays cooking for a little while longer!!!

    Love you guys, Adam and Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your little one Chrisanne! I've been blog stalking you for a little while, and I'm so sad to hear that you are having so much stress right now. Praying the next weeks go by very uneventfully for you and the little bug :D

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsay and Naomi! Naomi, I hope you are doing well- I need to start following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am doing well... Facebook and I broke up, so the blog following is my secondary vice :) I am glad I found yours, it's fun to still stay caught up with old friends! Congrats on 34 weeks, that's really great!! I hope to watch u counting down the next 6!

    ReplyDelete