Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another Fun Weekend for Baby Bug!

Dear Baby Bug-

A lot has happened since I last wrote to you. Mommy finally got through the PSAT which is one of the biggest things she has to coordinate in her job. It was very stressful and I am just glad that we both made it through OK! Daddy is steadily getting ready for basketball season and his team tryouts are just around the corner. It is so strange to think that there are all these major events coming up before you even arrive. Don't worry- you're the event we're looking forward to the most!

This weekend was super fun- you and I got to go back to visit Grandpa Rand and Grandma Cindy again! There was a very special reason for going back home- Uncle Brandon came home for a visit. He is in his friend Ryan's wedding so he is actually home for a whole week. The sad part is that I could only be home for a weekend to see him because I still have to work. Daddy couldn't come because he had too much work to do. Everyone misses him when he doesn't come with me, but it's good that he could have a weekend to do his own thing.

On Friday we drove to your Grandma and Grandpa's house and then jumped right back in the car to drive to Fort Wayne to pick Uncle Brandon up from the airport. He didn't get in until after 9:00 and by that time we were all REALLY hungry. We sent to Red Robin to get some food and then drove straight home to bed. Saturday was a packed day and it started with Mommy getting her hair done! No offense to you, Bug, but you caught me off guard coming when you did and it has thrown my hair schedule off. I feel like I was starting to look like I didn't care about my appearance, but cousin Staci fixed that on Saturday when she cut and highlighted my hair. Now I feel MUCH better! After the hair appointment, we went to visit Great Grandpa and Grandma Walter for a couple of hours. They are still so excited about you and can't wait for you to come. After their house, we went and stopped by Great, Great Aunt Lou and Uncle Bernard's house. They had to go to a party, but we were able to visit them for awhile. We finished the night by going to Grossman's for dinner, getting groceries with Grandma and Grandpa at Wal-Mart, and getting food ready for Grandma Cindy's big party on Sunday.

Sunday was a fun but also sad day. We went to church as usual and then went to lunch with Uncle Brandon, Grandma Cindy, and Grandpa Rand. After lunch, Grandpa Rand had to leave on a business trip to Georgia, and it was hard to say goodbye to him. Although we didn't spend much time with him this weekend, we will get to see him more with the holidays coming up! :) After lunch, we went home and waited for Grandma Cindy's party to start. There were a ton of people that came! Most all of your great aunts and uncles were there and so was cousin Sarah. She gave Daddy and I a really fun book to help keep track of my pregnancy so you can have it later and life. I bet that coupled with this blog will provide you lots of entertainment! After having a huge dinner of pulled pork (one of Mommy's favorite foods) and lots of other yummy things, everyone went home.

Monday was one of the best parts of the whole weekend. We stayed home with Uncle Brandon for the day to hang out. Instead of staying in the house, we decided to go out for lunch and to a movie. We went to Olive Garden and ate a ton of pasta then went to see The Social Network which was all about the creator and creation of Facebook. I wonder what Facebook will be like when you are old enough to use it (like when you're 25)...I wonder if it will still be cool or it will be a thing of the past? It's hard to believe that it could be old news since it is SO POPULAR right now! After the movie, Uncle Brandon and I went back to Grandma and Grandpa's and had dinner with Great Grandma and Grandpa Walter. It was the perfect day.

The more you are with me, the more excited I get to meet you! By now, you have fingerprints and you may even have vocal chords! If we could see a picture of you now, you would look like a real baby, not just a gummy bear. We absolutely can't wait for you to come into this world and as you can see, there are lots of people ready to greet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment