Monday, October 11, 2010

Saturday August 21, 2010...Some Pampering for Mommy and Friends


Dear Baby Bug-

Today was a real treat for Mommy- I was able to pamper myself along with some of my closest friends and you were along for the ride. It was a tricky day because no one knows about you yet, so I had to be careful about the things I said and did around my friends. Mommy’s friend Rachel is getting married in two weeks to a wonderful man named James and then she is moving to Ireland. Mommy is really going to miss her, so today Mommy, Rachel, Beth, and Betty went to the spa to spend some time together before Rachel’s wedding. It was so much fun! I got my first facial today and I am hoping that it will help with all the funny skin problems that your growing has given me. I don’t mind the skin problems or the tiredness or the feeling sick as long as you are healthy!

After the spa, we went back to Betty’s house to have breakfast. You will find out soon enough that Betty is a wonderful hostess and an awesome cook! She made us all omelets and raspberry scones- it was delicious! It was nice to hang out with my friends and I want to tell them about you so bad but I can’t until Daddy and I know that you are healthy and strong. It still seems like an eternity until we get to visit the doctor to learn more about you, but in reality it is only 12 days away. I hope it is here before we know it!

According to our calculations, you should be about 6 weeks old today. This means that you are no longer than a grain of rice and supposedly resemble a gummy bear. You should be starting to develop your organs and your heart will start beating some time soon! It is so exciting to think of how you are developing and I am hoping that I am eating the right things to help that development continue. Since today is Saturday, I am going to try hard just to take it easy and get some rest. We’ve got some rough weeks ahead of us and we need to get through them the best we can. Mommy and Daddy love you, Bug…keep growing strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment