Monday, October 11, 2010

August 12, 2010...It's Positive!


Dear Baby Bug-

Today was a big day for your Mommy and Daddy- it was the day that we found out that you were going to be part of our lives! We have been wishing for you for a long time and now that you are real, we can’t wait to meet you! It’s going to be a long nine months, but I am hoping to write to you along the way to let you know exactly what your journey was like before you were introduced to the world. You may find this funny, but you won’t be able to remember this part of floating around in my belly and I think it will be fun for you to know later what the world was like before you arrived. So sit back and relax (and grow strong!) because your Mom and Dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are anxiously awaiting your arrival (even though most of them don’t know about you yet)!

The day that we found out about you started like any other. I had to go to the bathroom and just had a feeling that maybe you were there. I waited and waited for the test to develop and, sure enough, there were two lines! I ran and jumped on your Dad who was still snoring in bed and made him wake up. At first he thought he had done something wrong and that I was going to yell at him but once he put on his glasses and saw the proof, he was so happy!!

You can’t imagine how many thoughts were running through my head all day long. I was so incredibly happy, but still finding it hard to believe that you were actually in there. After sitting through a whole day of work, I finally called the doctor to make an appointment to make sure that you are growing big and strong. That appointment isn’t until September 2nd, which seems SO FAR AWAY but it gives us all something to look forward to. You better watch out- you are going to be the most loved baby in the world!

You may wonder why I call you Bug. For some reason, as soon as I knew you were in there, it just seemed like a natural nickname. Don’t worry- we will give you a real grown-up name once we know more about you, but for right now you are my little baby Bug and I love you! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment