Monday, October 11, 2010

Tuesday September 14, 2010...Peek-A-Boo, We See You!


Dear Baby Bug-

Mommy and Daddy received the most special gift of all today- we got to see you for the first time! Dr. Hamburg ordered an ultrasound for us so that we could see you and make sure that your little heart is beating like it should. It was the most amazing thing ever, seeing you for the first time. You aren’t even the size of a peanut but the nice ultrasound lady was able to magnify you and you actually do look like a tiny little baby! You weren’t moving around at all- you’re probably tired from all that developing you’re doing- but your little heart was beating at 171 beats per minute! Holy cow! You can’t imagine how relieved I was to see you on that little screen and to see your fast little heartbeat. Your Daddy is just absolutely sure you are a boy, but even though he asked the lady a million times if she could tell, she convinced him that we still have a couple more months to go before we find out if our little Bug is a “he” or a “she.” I don’t care what you are, as long as you are happy, healthy baby! The best part of the experience (besides seeing you and your little heart) was that the ultrasound technician printed off four little pictures of you so that I can carry you around with me all the time- both in my belly and in my wallet! So far, you are very photogenic…I’m sure that you will have your picture taken a lot once you actually arrive in the real world!

After we left the doctor’s office we called your Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Rand and then we went to see your Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Carol. They were so excited to see your picture and asked all sorts of questions. One of the most valuable things we found out today is that you are actually a week younger than Dr. Hamburg thought, so you are only 8 weeks and 3 days old today. This also means that you are going to be due a little later than we thought- April 23rd instead of April 16th. You can come out of there whenever you want- just make sure you’re fully baked and ready to go!

Even though today was an exciting day for us, it was also a sad day for Mommy. Mommy’s friend Rachel is moving to Ireland to be with her husband James and today was the last day that I was able to spend with Rachel before she moves. Rachel, Betty, Beth, and I all had dinner to celebrate Betty’s birthday and to say goodbye to Rachel. We had such a good time and they are all very excited to meet you. Betty gave you the best book ever which is called “Love You Forever” and it is one that you will hear me read to you even before you are born. The message in the book is “I’ll love you forever, I’ll love you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.” This is so true, because even when I’m old and can’t walk, you’ll still be my baby, Bug. Once we were done with dinner, we had to say goodbye to Rachel which was very hard. You’ll learn that it is hard to say goodbye to good friends….it’s all part of life’s lessons. Rachel is going away for a good reason, though, and it is so that she and James can finally be together. You’ll get to meet them some day, and you’re going to love them just as much as I do.

Now I have to get to bed because today made me very tired. I want you to know that we love you so much and it is such a miracle that you are growing inside me. We can’t wait until the next few weeks are over and we can tell the rest of the world about you. For right now, we are going to just be happy knowing that you are right on track and developing beautifully…and that your little heart is beating super fast, ready to help the rest of you grow! Good night, Bug- Mommy and Daddy love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment