Monday, October 11, 2010

Friday October 1- Sunday October 3, 2010...Getting Ready for Baby Bug



Dear Bug-

It was a weekend of firsts for me and Daddy! We are so excited for you to get here but there is a lot to do before that time comes. One of the biggest things we need to do is figure out all of the equipment needed to raise you. You would not BELIEVE everything we need to get for you, just one tiny baby! Since Daddy and I hadn’t done it yet, we went over to Babies R Us for the first time on Friday to see what we could find. I think Daddy was a little amazed at all of the things we need to get and the thing he is interested in most is your stroller. He wants one that looks “manly” with jumbo wheels so that you can jog with him. Now, Bug, I must tell you that your Daddy does not run at all whatsoever. So the fact that he wants to start running with you in a stroller is either very endearing or just plain nuts. We’ll see what happens- he says you are going to be his training partner. I hope you’re born with a sweatband and tracksuit on! While we were at the store, Daddy found something for you that he thinks you just have to have. It’s a big inflatable ducky that you can take baths in when you get a little bit older. He told me he would be devastated if we left the store without it, so we went ahead and made the purchase. We also bought a little frame for your Great Grandma and Grandpa Walter that will hold your first ultrasound picture- that’s how we plan to tell them about you next weekend- we can’t wait!

Saturday was a very long but fun day. Since you are going to be arriving in a few months and neither of our cars are equipped for you, we thought it would be a good time to go car shopping. After looking around ALL DAY LONG, we finally found a Black 2010 Ford Explorer- we are going to look so good driving around in that together! It’s nice and big with plenty of room for your carseat and for all of the stuff we are going to have to bring around with us. Daddy is really excited about the new car and so am I. Now all we need is you to ride in it! After car shopping Daddy and I went downtown for Jess’ birthday. The 342 Crew is so excited for you to come and they are so sweet for asking about you all the time and giving me helpful advice. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- you are going to be a VERY loved baby!

Sunday was a good day for me because I am finally starting to feel back to normal. I had enough energy to clean the house today and I barely felt sick at all. You must be doing great in there and I hope that you are liking all of the food that I am eating for you. Today ended up being especially exciting because Becky let Daddy and I borrow her fetal Doppler so that we could hear your heartbeat for the first time. It’s very faint, but you are in there! It’s was hard to find you because every time we had you, you decided to do some somersaults and swam away! I hope you’re having fun in there and I can’t wait until I can actually feel you moving. We will get to go to the doctor on Thursday and hopefully he will listen to your heartbeat and let us know that everything is going just fine. Because of you, so many things are changing for the better and Daddy and I are just so thankful that you are part of our lives. You are 11 weeks and 1 day old which means that you are almost out of your first trimester! Hooray!! Pretty soon we will tell everyone else about you and there will be many more people anticipating your arrival in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment